IN A NUTSHELL
Finnish CMS startup TidyCMS is looking for a developer to build our UI components.
WHAT WE DO AND WHY
We started out to make a CMS that both developers and clients can love unconditionally. That's still our goal, but now we're aiming higher. We're changing everything about websites: what they do, how they work and how they're sold. We'll tell you more at the office.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO HERE
Tidy has a unique architecture we call hybrid hosting. The idea is that the CMS is always loaded from our servers while the actual website can be on any server. Tidy consists of four main components:
- The Tidy UI (on our server) is used to edit the site.
- When you save your changes, the UI contacts the Tidy API (on our server), which renders the site and makes it static HTML.
- The static HTML files are then sent to the Tidy Connector, which writes them to the local disk. The Connector can be on any server.
- And finally there's the Tidy Dashboard (on our server) used to easily manage multiple sites.
We're looking for a coder, not a designer, but we'd prefer if you understand at least the basics of UX design, so that you can develop new components independently. If you know how to design too, that's a bonus.
Being a small startup everyone gets to do everything, so prepare yourself mentally at least for some user/developer support, and if you have some other talents we'll certainly put them all to use.
However, there's so much to do with the UI, that it will take 90 % of your time.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The technologies we currently use are PHP5.5, ES6, LESS, React, jQuery, Symfony 2, Laravel, PhantomJS, PostgreSQL 9.4, Amazon AWS, Vagrant, Ansible and Gulp.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
We don't care where you've worked or about your degrees. All we care about is what you've done. We're looking for complex, complete solutions (as opposed to just a component) using a similar technology stack as ours. If you decide to mail us, send us links to/descriptions of the services you've done and tell us what they do, how they were built, what your contribution was etc.
WHERE YOU LIVE
Close enough to spend at least a few days a week at the Turku office. We don't care where you work as long as you deliver, but some things are more efficient when everyone is in the same room.
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A COMPANY
That's ok too, you can bill us through that if you want.
AND FINALLY, WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
(And yes, it spells TidyCMS)
- Tools: Only work with the best technologies where the only constraint is you, not the stack or a legacy
- Innovation: You'll play an important part in the frequent decisions regarding features, technologies and architecture. We're aiming for "never been done before" on several levels
- Dividend: You are among the first ten hired, so if you're the star we're looking for there's a good chance you'll end up with some shares.
- YOLO: A chance to experience firsthand the exhilarating roller coaster ride that is startup life. We've done the hard part and secured funding. Now the fun begins.
- Crew: Highly motivated, social and extremely skilled at whatever they do. That sums up our team members now and will be an unbreakable rule as we grow.
- Magic: Is what Tidy will do by the end of 2016. Clients, friends and neighbours will start to refer to you as Gandalf.
- Sex on the beach: And finally, one day in the not too distant future when the active sites counter reaches one million, you've deserved to lay back on the beach and enjoy your drink.
WHAT TO SEND US AND WHEN
Send us whatever you want, but do it now. There's no deadline and we'll hire as soon as we find a match. You'd better mail us immediately at: firstname.lastname@example.org.